Sashiko Stowe Bag kit — Limited Edition
We loved our last Stowe Bag kit collaboration with our friends at A Verb for Keeping Warm so much we asked if we could offer you another, and they so gorgeously obliged! This kit is available in three different colorways, while they last!
When sewn according to the kit instructions, each bag has a striped khadi on one side, bias edging and interior pockets in a contrasting khadi stripe, and a natural khadi front which you'll embellish with sashiko stitching that complements the main stripe. (Although you're of course always welcome to stitch it differently if you like!) Pictures can't convey how pretty the resulting bags are.
This kit contains everything you need (including the sewing pattern and additional kit instructions) to make a very special version of the small-size Stowe Bag, featuring handwoven khadi cottons from India and cotton sashiko thread hand-dyed by Verb with natural dyes, beautifully bundled into a kit. So either the kit or the finished bag makes an outstanding gift!
INCLUDED IN THE KIT:
- 1 Stowe Bag sewing pattern
- 1 package of sashiko embroidery needles
- 1 hera marker tool
- 1 skein of naturally-dyed sashiko thread
- 1 parallelogram of fabric: used for bias tape
- 1 long rectangular piece of fabric: used for pockets
- 1 plain square piece: used for the bag front, to be sashiko stitched
- 1 striped square piece: used for the bag back
NOTE: This is a kit and materials for sewing your own bag. The finished bags in the photos are samples only, and are not for sale.