Field Guides by Mason-Dixon Knitting
Ann Shayne and Kay Gardiner, of Mason-Dixon Knitting fame, have launched a new series of travel-sized pattern books, and we're pleased to have the first one in store. Each edition will have a theme and contain three patterns, along with essays, tips and bonus features. And each beautiful little hardcopy comes with a download code for the digital version, so you get it both ways!
• Field Guide No. 10 (pictured) is Downtown, containing three hip and simple patterns from Isabell Kraemer: a pullover with a geometric colorwork yoke motif, another with a spot of understated lace around the edges, and a different take on a cowl.
• Field Guide No. 9 is Revolution, featuring four patterns by Norah Gaughan — a cardigan, a pullover, a capelet and a beret — all designed around interchangeable cable motifs, so you can mix and match!
• Field Guide No. 8 is Merry Making! It features five fun accessory patterns by the delightful Thea Colman: hats (2), mitts, coasters and a cowl, encompassing cables, stranded colorwork and slip-stitch into simple but impactful knits. Just in time for gift-knitting season!
• Field Guide No. 7 is Ease, featuring four patterns from Julia Farwell-Clay: a modular blanket, a shawl (in two sizes), a cowl and a dishcloth, each of which employs a clever stitch or construction method for breezy but interesting knitting.
• Field Guide No. 6 is Transparency, a mini collection by Amy Christoffers exploring the idea of transparency in knitting, from a pullover with stripes in alternating density to an adorable chunky baby cardigan with lace elements, a gossamer lace cowl, and an extremely clever colorwork-meets-transparency scarf.
• Field Guide No. 5 is Sequences, a toe in the water of Cecelia Campochiaro’s briliant Sequence Knitting technique — an introduction to her simple but mind-bending conception of simple knit-purl repeats that produce an endless array of textures, complete with four gorgeous accessory patterns.
• Field Guide No. 4 is Log Cabin, with how-to's and three patterns employing unique applications of the timeless log cabin motif: assorted washcloths, a nine-patch blanket, and a lace-meets-log-cabin wrap.
• Field Guide No. 3 is Wild Yarns and it includes a colorwork cowl pattern by Dianna Walla, a lace shawl pattern by Kirsten Kapur and a pullover pattern by Sue McCain.
• Field Guide No. 2 is Fair Isle, and includes a gorgeous yoked sweater pattern by Veronik Avery, socks by Ann Budd and a coordinating hat and cowl by Michele Rose Orne, along with essays on bohus and the fun of faux fair isle yarns.
• Field Guide No. 1 has Stripes as its theme and explores various definitions and deployments thereof. Included are patterns for the Breton Cowl by Antonia Shankland, Squad Mitts by Ann Weaver and the Station Wagon Blanket by Mary Jane Mucklestone, as well as a recipe for striped cake! Plus additional essays and gorgeous photos.
- 38 crisp uncoated pages
- perfect-bound, softcover book
- 5.5" x 7.25"
- professionally edited patterns
- made in USA