Field Bag by Fringe Supply Co.
. . . . .
As with most things in life, I'm very demanding about what I want from a project bag. You know the old adage about if you want something done right? Well, here's my idea of the perfect project bag — our Field Bag.
Looks count, and this one is pretty stunning (if I do say so myself) in sturdy 10 oz cotton canvas with a vegetable-tanned leather carry loop, which will age to a beautiful golden brown. But functionality rules the day. This bag is designed to stand up, with a wide-open mouth. There is ample room for your yarn and knitting. And there are pockets! On one interior wall is a panel divided into one medium-sized pocket (perfect for your phone and/or small notebook) and three narrow pockets for needles, tools or writing implements. On the opposite interior wall is one long pocket, sized to hold a folded pattern.
That pocket is also punctuated by three smooth antiqued grommets for those times when you're working from multiple balls and could use a little help keeping them untangled. Whether you're alternating skeins or doing colorwork, simply run the yarns up through the guides and they'll keep you nice and tidy. As will everything else about this beautifully made bag!
Available in Toffee, Blue, Olive drab, Natural and Charcoal. The colored canvases are slightly softer than the natural, which retains more stiffness due to not having been through the dyeing process. Also available in waxed canvas and Jen Hewett print.
- made in USA
- approx 9.25" x 4.5" base (14" wide at top), 9.5" tall
- sturdy 100% cotton canvas
- colored canvases have durable water repellant finish (DWR)
- interior lining/pockets also in canvas
- triple-weight bottom
- cotton-braid double drawstring
- natural veg-tan leather wrist strap will darken with age and use
- generous pockets on both interior walls
- french seams and hidden gusset
- interior antiqued-brass grommet yarn guides
- spot clean (we've got canvas cleaner)
NOTE: The lighter Grey (not pictured) is now available only through our Field Bag stockists.